Most of a patient’s life happens outside of the four walls of the clinic. So, between visits, how can you make sure your patients not only understand their treatment plan but actually follow through with it while they’re at work, grocery shopping, picking up the kids, or watching their favorite show?
- You can hope that they remember everything you told them to do during the 10-minute conversation you had about managing their condition.
- You could hire an army of care coordinators to constantly check-in with patients and their caregivers.
- Or, you can put personalized care instructions at patients’ fingertips, right on the screen that they take with them everywhere.
Thanks to insightful feedback from physicians, other clinicians, and patients, we’re proud to announce a major update to the virtual care model: Patient Instructions.
What are Patient Instructions?
With Noteworth, in addition to sending connected clinical devices and monitoring patient-generated health data, clinicians can now create individualized care instructions and notes as part of a patient’s prescribed virtual care model.
And patients can not only view those instructions and notes from their doctor in the Noteworth App, but can also check off a daily to-do list automatically crafted from those directions each time they open it.
Want to learn more about how Patient Instructions work? Dig into the details below.
A simpler way to promote better adherence
According to a study in Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, more than 40% of patients experience health risks by misunderstanding, forgetting, or ignoring advice from their clinician, depending on the medical condition.
Now, patient adherence can be more than a wave goodbye and wishful thinking as they leave the clinic. It can live in the palm of the patient’s hand. With Patient Instructions...
- Easily prescribe, document, and communicate care instructions
- Better evaluate and promote patient adherence
- Help reduce readmissions or unnecessary visits
- Build trust and stronger clinician-patient relationships
- Easily view care instructions with simple in-app visualizations
- Understand exactly what their clinician has asked them to do each day
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as readings are checked off of the to-do list
- Give their care team a clearer view of their health
A more robust virtual care model
For clinicians, it’s as simple as clicking a few buttons:
- While creating a patient’s virtual care model during an office visit, a clinician can order any data type that they’d like to see for the patient, like blood pressure, blood glucose, body weight, heart rate, and more.
- Once a data type is selected, the clinician can now add specific instructions and notes for the patient about how they should collect that data with just a few clicks. (e.g. “Take your blood pressure once a day upon waking.”)
- Clinicians can easily view and edit the instructions they prescribed, just like orders in a patient’s inpatient chart. Any updates are automatically reflected in the patient’s Noteworth App.
And for patients, it’s never been easier for them to take charge of their health:
- In the office visit, they can receive a printed copy of their care instructions and sign the patient pledge to commit to themselves, their treatment, and their health.
- Patients will also receive a copy of their care instructions in the tailored Noteworth Box of connected clinical devices that they will receive.
- In the Noteworth App, patients now have a daily “to-do list” that is automatically created based on their personal care instructions. They can check items off as they take readings and log their contextual information, like mood and medication.
- They can also view the full list of instructions and notes at any time to get a comprehensive look at their clinician’s expectations of them.
Ready to check out Patient Instructions?
Don’t have Noteworth yet? Want to see what virtual care models can do?